Our Consular Section receives passport applications on Mondays from 10hrs to 15:00 hrs. Applicants are to note that making false statements for the purpose of acquiring a passport is an offence punishable by law.
Applicants for Ghanaian passports must be Citizens of Ghana and documentary evidence is required. Applications for passports take two to four weeks.
Requirements for New Applications
- Click here to submit your passport application online.
- Upload a passport size photographs, taken not more than 3 months from the application date.
- Applicants must also provide both the original and photocopy of their Birth Certificates.
- Applications for replacement (missing/lost/stolen) passport must be accompanied by a police report in addition to the usual requirements for a new application.
- Applications for damaged passports shall be supported by copies of the passport in addition to the usual requirements for new application.
- Applicants must book an appointment to visit the embassy to complete the process after submitting the online application
Please see our full schedule of Consular fees here.