Entry Requirements for Ghana
All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of valid passports with not less than six (6) months’ validity. All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas issued by a Ghana Diplomatic Mission or Consulate abroad or any other visa-issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf.
ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements are exempted.
Requirements for Visa Applications
- Click on the electronic Visa Application Form below, and complete.
- Submit together with four (4) recent passport-sized photo and the appropriate visa fee at least fifteen (15) days before intended date of travel.
- Letter of invitation from Ghana with copies of identity card of the person sending the invitation.
- Letter of introduction from traveller’s firm.
- Submit a copy of your return tickets.
- Copy of an international certificate of vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- Passport and photocopy of passports data-page.
- Applicant’s passport must have validity of at least six (6) months.
- Criminal check report from Ministry of Interior.
- Additional requirements are needed for journalists and/or film crew who are covering events or shooting films in Ghana. Contact the Consular Section for more information.
- Names and addresses of references in Ghana to be provided.
- Letter of consent needed from parent/legal guardian for persons under 18 years.
Please see our full schedule of Consular fees here. For an emergency, three-day service, the visa fee is double the required fee.
All documents issued by Ghanaian authorities should be legalised at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration, The Spanish Embassy in Accra and the Judicial Service before presentation at the Embassy of Ghana, Madrid.